The home of On Head, the alternative gravity shooter game
Actually, it is pretty pre-alpha at the time of writing, but this is changing quite quickly.
If we had main goals, they would look something like that:
- create a cool-looking and at the same time environmentally sound game
- which is of course fun to play
- resembles the lovely Head On, the Ultimate One (yes, the label comes from them)
- tries to add some additional gorgeous features, like:
- (most importantly) online multiplay
- improved physics and weaponry
- bots - scriptable, teachable ones
- and some others, which are hard to describe
- learn a lot about coding in c++ / a project with not only yourself in it
But we still haven't really got one, so we're just having fun and/or deciphering silly linker errors.
Oh, and we are from Hungary.
And Now... some instructions
For those who would like to install one of the source.gz releases found here.
- You would want to untgz the file, like this:
$ tar xzf onhead-release.tar.gz
- You would check if you'we got the needed GLUT and SDL dev files (e.g.
apt-get install freeglut3-dev libsdl1.2-dev)
$ cd onhead-release
- After a succesful make (no error messages):
$ cd src
- And feedback, please (for example here).
Cheers! - teamonhead, the